Propane Podcast Episode 97
Tomorrow marks the start of Organ Donation Week, so with that in mind, today on the Propane Fitness Podcast, Yusef chats to Nick Whitehurst, World Transplant Games Gold Medalist. Nick suffered acute liver failure in 2015 after returning home from a summer holiday with his family. Weeks later he received a new liver and won a gold medal for team GB at the World Transplant Games in Malaga less than 2 years later. They talk about his organ transplant, the emotional roller coaster of receiving a donor organ, the concept behind the Transplant Games, maintenance for injury prevention and the importance of registering as an organ donor.
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast please subscribe and we’d love it if you’d give us a review on iTunes.
- World Transplant Games Federation
- Transplant Sport
- British Transplant Games
- Become an Organ Donor
- More about Nick’s achievements at The 2017 World Transplant Games
Week Ending 03/09
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the best offerings of the Fitness and Productivity world for your reading, listening and viewing pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for the Pick List then shoot us a message.
Our Top Pick this week is:
- Your Road Map To Results (And 6 Stops You Need To Make Along The Way) – Healthy Living, Heavy Lifting
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- 22 Interesting studies from this summer – Bayesian Bodybuilding
- The Differences Between Training In Your 40’s and Your 20’s – Amanda Thebe, Breaking Muscle.
- Nutrition is not a belief system – Dan Garner, Precision Nutrition
- Why the Conscientious Mind Is a Successful Mind – Lifehack
- Leaner, Stronger, Healthier – Renegade Radio Podcast, Jason Ferruggia
- How to get strong in 2-3 days a week – Tony Gentilcore
- Methods to Improve Your Posture for Sport Performance – Yusef Smith for Elite FTS
- Hierarchy of Nutrition: Prioritize What Matters – Elliot Reimers
- Single-Minded Devotion to a Task – Zen Habits
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:34 — 21.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | More Subscribe Options