Podcast Episode 82
This week on the Propane Podcast Jonny and Yusef are joined by Coach and prolific researcher & author Menno Henselmans of Bayesian Bodybuilding. They discuss his approach to evidence based content, problems with If It Fits Your Macros, Alcohol and Metabolic Damage.
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast we’d love it if you’d subscribe and give us a review on iTunes.
|01:17||Introducing Menno Henselmans, former Business Consultant & Statistician turned bodybuilder and coach.|
|03:55||Menno’s approach to on-line coaching and innovative, evidence based content.|
|09:12||Menno’s justification for lower protein consumption & critique of supplement companies.|
|14:23||Thoughts on IIFYM, Nutrient timing and Cholesterol.|
|26:30||How vegans and vegetarians can optimise their diet for bodybuilding.|
|32:00||What Menno has learned from mistakes made over the last 5 years.|
|40:01||Jonny & Menno’s opposing views on stretching and mobility.|
|47:41||Effects of aggressive dieting and Metabolic Damage.|
|52:56||Thoughts on Alcohol and its implications for protein synthesis and energy mitigation.|
|60:02||Menno on stimulants – Caffeine, Pre-workouts and GHB|
|75:15||Wrap up and references.|
- Bayesian Bodybuilding
- Menno on Instagram
- Bayesian Bodybuilding on Facebook
- The Minnesota Starvation Experiment
Propane Picks Week Ending Sunday 21/05
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the best of the Fitness and Productivity articles for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for the picks list or would like to write for us then shoot us a message, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Top Pick this week is:
The JuggLife: Ed Coan | Greatest Of All-Time – Juggernaut Podcast.
Team Juggernaut are joined by possibly the greatest powerlifter of all-time, “The Goat” Ed Coan. They discuss his training and the current state of World Powerlifting.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Don’t Worry About Lifting Technique – Pain Science
- My Favourite Thought Exercise: Fear-Setting – Tim Ferriss
- Reflecting on Five Years Studying Protein – Eric Helms, Stronger by Science
- Small Actions, Huge Impact – Zen Habits
- Growth vs. Fixed: How The Right Mindset Can Take You Farther – Girls Gone Strong
- You’re Supporting the Get Rich Quick Schemes of 21 Year Olds, and it’s Ruining Fitness – Lee Boyce Training
- 3DMJ Podcast #51 – Motivational Mindsets
- How To Be More Productive by Working Less – Mark Manson
- Fit Shaming is Worse for Women – James Fell, Body For Wife