Podcast Episode 76
On the Propane Podcast this week we have the second part of our interview with Yoga Teacher Robin Ramage of Yoga Therapies. We also have regular guest and raconteur Chris Williamson who we have to thank for introducing us to Yoga and Robin. This week we discuss Robin’s Yoga transformation, his Bodywork practice, blurring gender barriers and how to capitalise on the energy that yoga creates.
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast, please subscribe and give us a review on iTunes. If there is anyone you’d particularly like us to talk to, let us know!
|01:17||How yoga accelerates emotional catharsis as well as physical release|
|06:01||Robin’s 9 month transformation, liberating relationships & internal resistance|
|13:27||How to capitalise on the energy created by Yoga practice|
|17:05||The level of yoga practice required to become an expert practitioner|
|22:39||Robin on perfectionism, fear of failure and his nemesis pose|
|29:15||How yoga challenges the powerlifter & the importance of not stretching cold|
|36:55||How body & mind are inextricably linked, how yoga can assist with trauma treatment & healing|
|39:59||Robin on his bodywork practice, blurring gender barriers and Would You Rather?|
|50:20||Wrap up and recommendations|
Propane Picks Week ending Sunday 09/04/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the best of the Fitness and Productivity world for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for the Picks list or would like to write for us then shoot us a message.
Out Top Pick this week is –
In this episode, Tim gathers some of the best advice from past guests about fitness, nutrition, and wellness. This includes conversations with:
- General Stanley McChrystal about thriving on one meal per day.
- Tony Robbins about morning discipline and routines.
- Wim Hof about consciously controlling his autonomic immune system.
- Dominic D’Agostino about nutritional strategies for peak performers.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Muscles and Misogyny: Sexism in the Fitness Industry – Body For Wife
- Undone: How to Change Our Procrastination Patterns – Zen Habits
- The Evolution of Fitness- Part 1 – Healthy Living Heavy Lifting
- Hip Sockets and Squat Depth – How Individual Differences Impact Squat Performance – The Barbell Physio
- The Truth About Lasting Transformations – Karina Inkster
- Find the Foundation of Your Purpose – Shane Trotter, Breaking Muscle
- WATCH: Table Talk with Dan Green — Powerlifting Longevity and Meet Strategy – Elitefts
- How to Get Drunk With Your Friends (And Still Get Lean AF) – Roman Fitness Systems
- It’s Time for Women to Buy Into Strength Training – Tony Gentilcore