We know what it’s like to be a student. Learn from what we’ve experienced, and find out how to manage your diet, progress with your training goals, and enjoy life while you’re at uni! You’re studying for your degree, now study how to get your ideal body. Here’s an overview of our guides to lifestyle, training, diet, and more!
Are you new to diet and training? Here’s what you need to do.
- Find a good local gym. The university gym should be convenient, offer cheap membership, and have sufficient equipment.
- Budget your weekly food shopping and supplement purchases. Don’t forget to allow for nights out and other expenses, but plan out what you will be eating in advance.
- Plan out your meals. Make sure you’re cooking your own meals according to your requirements. Don’t rely on cafeterias or fast food chains.
- Structure your training to fit around your schedule. Stick to a solid template like the Propane Protocol, and be consistent.
- Learn how to lift. Compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, overhead press, and bench, are safe movements if performed correctly. Make sure you learn the correct technique. Gym etiquette is important too, don’t be the guy that leaves dumbbells and plates all over the floor.
Continue reading our articles to learn more!
The Freshers Fat series is your starting point. Learn how to enjoy nights out and avoid the potential pitfalls:
Read about Dieting Strategies for the Socialite, one of our latest articles, if you want to maintain your physique while enjoying a social life at uni. Upgrade Your Life and learn how to get the results you want from your diet and training.
Are you an athlete? Here’s A Student’s Journey into Powerlifting: an insight into competitive sport at uni, written by one of our PropaneFitness community.
Training and Diet
If you need to buy gym equipment, find out about What’s In Our Gym Bags: The Ultimate Guide to Gym Equipment. Read our interview with Ming Chew if you want to know how to deal with injuries.
This is what is possible to achieve. Our consultations have produced some amazing transformations. Here’s one of our previous client updates, and here’s one of our latest articles including one of our current clients: Our Experience with ‘The Carb Nite Solution’
Your student loan is probably going to take a beating with nights out in your first couple of weeks. The amount that survives is often spent on things you don’t really need. If you want to buy supplements, make sure you save yourself some money and invest wisely. Here’re some of our affiliates: