Week ending Sunday 05/03/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the fitness world and pick our top 10 favourite pieces for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for us to include you on this list OR if you’d like to write for us, shoot us a message here.
Our number 1 pick this week is:
The truth is, addiction has many faces; it impacts people of every gender, ethnicity, size, and socioeconomic status – and addiction manifests itself in many ways: drugs and alcohol, gambling and sex, shopping, working, food, and even exercise.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Science Explains Why Early Birds Have Better Mental Health Than Night Owls – Lifehacker
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Gym: Everything You Need to Know – Nerd Fitness
- Always Feel That You Don’t Have Enough Time? You Need To Understand Yourself First – Naomi Taylor
- 6 Mistakes Trainers Make When Coaching Pregnant Clients – Jessie Mundell, Girls Gone Strong
- Squat School – Hip Structure and Squat Technique – Juggernaut Training Systems
- The DO’s and DON’Ts of Assistance Training – Mike Dewar
- The Dangers of a Gluten Free Diet – Andy Peloquin
- Is Rapid Fat Loss A Good Idea? – Shredded by Science Podcast
- 14 Simple Ways to Break Through a Weight Loss Plateau – Authority Nutrition
Propane Podcast Episode 71
In this historic and eagerly anticipated episode, Jonny and Yusef are joined by their first ever female guest, the inimitable Sheri Miles. Sheri effortlessly combines 2 seemingly opposing sports – Pole Dancing and Powerlifting. In this episode they discuss how the 2 impact and complement each other, who has the highest WILKS and Stereotyping.
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast, please subscribe and give us a review on iTunes.
|02:10||Introducing Sheri Miles – Prolific IPF Powerlifter and Pole Dancer.|
|04:00||Poles Apart? How Pole Dancing led to Powerlifting.|
|08:27||Bench Press comparisons & The Roll of Shame.|
|13:50||Who has the higher WILKS? Jonny or Sheri?|
|21:30||Dragon Flags, core strength & Pole Dancing’s positive carry-over to Powerlifting.|
|23:57||Pole Dancing Stigma – does it exist & how to deal with it.|
We would like to thank Grant Horne of Powerphoto for allowing us to use his featured images of Sheri Miles in this article.