Week ending Sunday 19/02/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the fitness world and pick our top 10 favourite pieces for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for us to include you on this list OR if you’d like to write for us, shoot us a message here.
Our number 1 pick this week is:
A Series of Articles to Make Low Carb Dieters Misplace their Excrement – James Fell, Body For Wife
We could have picked this for the title alone, but the content is fantastic and we love James Fell’s irreverent views on low-carb eating. If you’re a low carb fan, read on and prepare to lose your shit.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Episode 6 | It’s Not About Your Feels, Man! With Mike Tuchscherer and Bryce Lewis – This is Female Powerlifting
- Does Your Menstrual Cycle Affect Your Lifts? – Nick English for Bar Bend
- Essentialism: the Disciplined Pursuit of Less with Greg McKeown – Jason Ferruggia
- What Can Deloads and Tapers Do For Me? – Brad Loomis
- Shift Your Perspective on Your Body – Chandler Stevens, Breaking Muscle
- Foam Roll 2.0 – 6 Drills for improved performance – The Barbell Physio
- Mental Health: It Matters – Ben Johnson, Ben Trained
- Fitness Myths with Dr Mike – Mike Israetel, Juggernaut Training Systems
- How to Create an Evening Routine – Nutrition Stripped
Propane Podcast Episode 69
This week Jonny and Yusef are joined by Dr Mike Israetel Head Science Consultant at Renaissance Periodization and one fifth of Juggernaut Training Systems. Mike is a Bodybuilder, Scientist, advisor to several Olympic athletes, former powerlifter and two-time Arnold Grappling Classic Jiu Jitsu Champion.
In part 1 of this interview they discuss programming for recovery and MRV – Maximum Recoverable Volume.
If you like the Propane Podcast, please give us a review and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes.
|01:03||Introducing Dr Mike Israetel of Renaissance Periodization|
|04:08||How to programme purely for Hypertrophy.|
|09:21||What is Maximum Recoverable Volume? (MRV)|
|16:11||How to incorporate MRV into your training|
|19:55||What are the other Physiological Markers for Fatigue?|
|25:02||Fatigue Markers – When the coach needs to step in.|
|28:17||How to maximise an athletes recovery capacity.|