Week ending Sunday 12/02/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the fitness world and pick our top 10 favourite pieces for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for us to include you on this list OR if you’d like to write for us, shoot us a message here.
Our number 1 pick this week is:
The 10 Immutable Laws of successful fat loss – Bach Performance
In this article Daniel Freedman discusses the principles and tools to succeed in losing fat and looking better naked.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- How to overcome fear with Dr Srini Pillay – Jason Ferrugia
- 5 Reasons why I’m not a feminist – James Fell, Body for Wife
- How To Bust Through A Fat Loss Plateau – Laura Schoenfeld, Girls Gone Strong
- Five Strength Training “Corner Stones” That are Actually Gimmicks in Disguise. – Marc Keys, Cast Iron Strength.
- Set-Up Strategies: What To Do Before Your Diet Starts – Andrea Valdez
- 11 Foods to Avoid With Diabetes – Authority Nutrition
- The Simple Truth Of Lifting Weights – Alexander Cortes
- Pelvic Structure, Persistent quad atrophy and stretching with shoulder impingement – Mike Reinold
Good stress, bad stress. [Infographic] Here’s how to find your stress sweet spot. – Precision Nutrition
Podcast Episode 68
Show notes and time stamps
In the second part of this 2 part interview, Yusef and Jonny are joined by Julian Donovan, a multi-discipline athlete and “Parkourista Extraordinaire”. Julian is an advocate for physical activity as a healthcare method and intervention, coaching parkour, strength training, and physical culture. In this episode they discuss Type 1 Diabetes, how Julian deals with the condition and that one time he forgot his wedding. If you haven’t listened to it yet, you can catch Part 1 of this interview here.
If you like the Propane Podcast, please give us a review and subscribe on iTunes.
|01:16||From back injury to Hand Stand master – turning the negative into positive.|
|02:01||How Type 1 Diabetes led to improvements in Julian’s fitness and lifestyle.|
|07:55||Diet and Diabetes – how Keto can dramatically improve the condition.|
|15:22||That one time Julian had a hypo-glycaemic episode and forgot his wedding.|
|20:16||How too many mangos and figs can cause a coma.|
|28:40||Paleo V IIFYM – the big diet debate.|
|35:01||Why weight alone is not a good marker of individual fitness.|
Julian Donovan Biography