Week ending Sunday 01/01/2017
A very Happy New Year from Propane Fitness!
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the fitness world and pick out top 10 favourite pieces for your reading pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for us to include you on this list OR if you’d like to write for us, please send an email to email@example.com.
Our number 1 pick this week is
New beginnings should be about growth and goal-setting, not holding yourself to ultimatums.
The rest of the list is awesome too. Here it is:
- 3 Tips for coming back after an injury – Anna Johanssen
- A complete Guide to the Hip Hinge – Georges Dagher
- The Gluten Manifesto: Everything You Need to Know About Gluten – Brad Dieter, PhD and Sergio Fontinhas, CISSN
- How to Sequence Your Strength and Conditioning Program – Brad Leshinske
- Why you’re not in Shape (yet) – Nerd Fitness
- 5 Training changes I am making in 2017 – The Barbell Physio
- How to Live a Good Life with Jonathan Fields – Jason Ferrugia
- Painless Hook Grip technique – Clint Darden
- A Motivation Story (and 4 killer Tips) – Bach Performance
Podcast Episode 62
In this episode Jonny and Yusef are once again joined by “Love Island’s Best Abs” Chris Williamson. They discuss Yusef’s swimming pool misadventures, Testicular Torsions, meditation, yoga and their Resolutions for 2017. According to the BMJ, “22% of people who made them admitted failure after a week, 40% at 1 month, 50% at 3 months, and 81% after 2 years”. What can you do to make your NY resolutions actually STICK?
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast, please subscribe and give us a review on iTunes
|00:01||Yusef’s misadventures in a public pool.|
|02:59||Testicular torsions and meditation goals.|
|08:30||Chris’s Yoga adventures.|
|13:30||How Yoga has been proved to help with anxiety and depression.|
|20:30||Yoga for Powerlifters – a challenging experience.|
|25:10||Chris’s 52 Weeks of Caffeine.|
|29:42||Life Periodisation and accepting that you can’t do it all.|
|36:00||How long does it take to form a new habit?|
|41:00||New Year’s Resolutions.|