Week ending Sunday 26/02/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the fitness world and pick our top 10 favourite pieces for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for us to include you on this list OR if you’d like to write for us, shoot us a message here.
Our number 1 pick this week is:
How to Live a Happy Life: 10 Things to Say Yes to Starting Today – The Positivity Blog
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- The Rise of the Monk Mode Morning – Cal Newport
- Fitness Myths with Dr. Mike | Organic Food – Dr Mike Israetel
- Take Care Of Your Week to Take Care of Your Life – Pick The Brain
- The Inclusive Vs Exclusive Mindset – Going Beyond IIFYM – 3DMJ
- 10 Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration – Becky Bell, Authority Nutrition
- Squatting To Failure – Showing How To Safely Miss A Rep – Candito Training
- Don’t Bog Down Your Training With Complicated Programming – Adam McCubbin, Breaking Muscle
- Better Way to Build Pull-up Strength – The Barbell Physio
- Are Coffee and Caffeine Addictive? A Critical Look – Authority Nutrition
Propane Podcast Episode 70
This week Jonny and Yusef are once again joined by Dr Mike Israetel Head Science Consultant at Renaissance Periodization and one fifth of Juggernaut Training Systems. Mike is a Bodybuilder, Scientist, advisor to several Olympic athletes, former powerlifter and two-time Arnold Grappling Classic Jiu Jitsu Champion.
In Part 2 of this interview they discuss targeted deloads, nutritional programming and Mike’s total diet reset approach to clients with Borderline Eating Disorders. If you missed the first part of this interview you can catch up with it here.
If you like the Propane Podcast, please give us a review and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes.
|03:37||How not worrying can elevate your happiness.|
|06:21||How targeted deloads can increase sensitivity to adaptation and growth.|
|13:00||Mike’s approach to nutritional programming for cutting.|
|21:00||How Mike programmes nutrition for hypertrophy.|
|24:42||Mike on Total Diet Reset for clients with borderline eating disorders.|
|36:30||The psychological effects of long term dieting.|