Propane Podcast Episode 77
In this episode Jonny and Yusef are joined by prolific fitness writer and Lifestyle Coach James Fell of Body for Wife. They discuss the story behind Body For Wife, The Biggest Loser, Feminism and how not to be a douchebag.
If you like the Propane Fitness Podcast, don’t forget to subscribe and we’d love it if you gave us a review on iTunes
|01:23||Introducing James Fell and the back story to Body For Wife|
|09:35||That one time when The Biggest Loser’s Gillian Michaels threatened to sue|
|17:46||James on “Lifestyle coaching” and why people need accountability to succeed|
|24:04||On Toxic Masculinity, Feminism and how not to be a douchebag|
|32:35||How the perception and role of women in fitness is evolving for the better|
|34:42||How James overcame borderline obesity and found his passion for fitness|
Propane Picks Week ending 16/04/17
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the best of the Fitness and Productivity world for your reading, listening and viewing pleasure. If you’d like to write for us or would like to be considered for the Picks List shoot us a message.
Our top pick this week is –
What is PRI? in this article Alex Kraszewski gives a breakdown of the system, how to use the concepts, and how they could fit into a training program without making the workouts into rehab scenarios without merit.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Why You Need to Stop Overthinking Your Training – Roman Fitness Systems
- 55 Bulletproof Productivity Hacks – Dumb Little Man
- Femur Length and Squat Technique – How Individual Differences Impact Squat Performance – The Barbell Physio
- Ask Rip #45 – Mark Rippetoe Podcast
- Can you be addicted to food? – Steve Hall, Revive Stronger
- How To Make The World A Better Place: 4 Secrets Backed by Research – Barking up the wrong tree
- A Pilot Study of Strength Training in the Memory-Impaired Elderly: Reflections of a Coach – Inna Koppel, Starting Strength
- Do it better – Front Squats – Jennifer Blake, Thrive with Jen Sinkler
- Coaching Tip: Those Who Struggle With Comparison – Brad Loomis, 3D Muscle Journey