Propane Podcast Episode 73
Is CrossFit good for hypertrophy? You’d think not – but on further examination.. it’s not a bad shout. Have we lost our minds?
Our special guest (emphasis on special) Chris is back from the forays into the Crossfit cave to tell the tale. By the end of the podcast, it’s firmly on the Propane bucket list.
|01:01||A would you Rather? preamble|
|06:45||Chris on going over to the Crossfit Darkside|
|13:20||Crossfit’s bad rep – bad execution or just bad coaching?|
|19:45||Chris on Crossfit’s fatal attraction|
|28:52||Work Ethic – Crossfit versus Powerlifting|
|34:57||Win Hoff & Stan Groff – masters of hyperventilation|
|47:50||Taking bets on who will cry in Yoga|
|55:25||Yusef on Mutant Mass and sudden vomiting|
|70:10||How to be competitive in Crossfit – performance v condition|
|76:10||More would you rather? & wrap up|
It’s that time of the week again where we sift through the content of the Fitness World and select our favourite pieces for your reading, listening and viewing pleasure. If you’d like to be considered for a future Pick List drop us a line here.
Our Number 1 pick this week is –
In this article Andrea Valdez discusses how athletes should approach their off-season nutritional habits in a manner that allows for rest and recovery, while keeping their goals in the long view.
The rest of the list is pretty awesome too!
- Smarter Training, Accelerated Learning, & Better Living with Luka Hocevar – Jason Ferruggia
- Hardgainers? What We Know About Non-Responders – Greg Nukols, Stonger by Science
- Guide To Your 1st Powerlifting Meet – Juggernaught Training Systems
- 5 Steps to Beat Your Nagging Thoughts (Even If They Are Sticky) – Pick The Brain
- Better Sleep, Better Sex – Andy Peloquin, Breaking Muscle
- 4 Step Guide to Letting Go of the Past – Leo Babuata, Zen Habits
- The 4 Ps of Successful Nutrition – The Athletic Way
- Is The Glycemic Index Dead? – Lawrence Judd, Shredded by Science
- Stop Exercising While Sitting Down – Dr John Rusin